Apatisiwin – Indigenous Employment and Training
To provide employment and training services to Urban Indigenous people including Employment Counselling, Resume/Cover Letters, Application Processing, Training Plan Development, Referrals, Employment Supports, Apprenticeships, Targeted Wage Subsidies, Skills Enhancement, Training Purchase, and Mobility Assistance.
Kina Awiiya Urban Indigenous High School
This program was developed as a partnership with the Algoma District School Board for Urban Indigenous, Inuit, and Metis people to have the opportunity to earn their Ontario Secondary School Diploma in a relaxed and cultural atmosphere. The program is based on individualized, independent learning courses.
Niin Sakaan Skills Development – Literacy
Tutors will help develop a training plan to track your progress towards your career or educational path. We can help with:
- Apatisiwin Youth Employment Counsellor (ages 15-30);
- Academic upgrading;
- General Education Development (GED) preparation with testing yearly;
- Improving Communication;
- Self-Management / Self Direction skills;
- Employ-ability skills-career choices;
- Software and resources – Microsoft Word or Excel, Internet and Email;
- Learn keyboarding skills;
- Access to employment related programming.
Cultural activities and learning opportunities that students can complete at their own pace. Native cultural components are incorporated into the program as well as daily teachings and practices.